An easy recipe that is delicious for zucchini, squash and green peppers. You can also fill your vegetable of choice with any other meat.
- 8 Zucchini’s
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- 4 Onions
- 150 g grated Parmesan
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 20 small branches Thyme
- 3 branches Rosemary
- 2 small cans of peeled Tomatoes
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 bunch of flat Parsley
- Cayenne Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Wash the zucchini, remove seeds and pulp, and trim the ends. Cut zucchini lengthwise in half. Cut small slices of the zucchini to be added to the meat filling and sauce.
- Sauté 2 chopped onions, finely chopped garlic, and chopped parsley in a skillet with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine half of the chopped thyme leaves, grated Parmesan cheese, ground beef, and onion mixture. Add the small zucchini slices to the ground beef mixture. Fill the zucchini with the beef mixture.
- For the sauce, sauté two chopped onions, crumbled bay leaf, remaining zucchini slices, thyme, rosemary, and tomatoes. Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce mixture in an oven proof dish and place the filled zucchini on top.
- Bake in a preheated over at 350-360°F for 45 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve with baguette or rice and Enjoy!