Sausage and Potato Salad (serves 4) – Try this delicious and easy to make salad, ideal for your 4th of July celebration.
- 9 oz. steamed green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 9 oz. “Old Heidelberg Deli” Bierschinken or Jagdwurst or Bologna
- 15 oz. cooked potatoes
- 1 bundle red radish
- 1 bundle parsley
- 2 small onions
- 1 bundle chive
- 1 Tbs. Mustard
- 2 Tbs. Red wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. Heavy Cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt, white pepper and sugar
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes; boil about 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool. Cut potatoes into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- Cook string beans in salt water, boil potatoes for about 25 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Cut sausage into strips.
- Clean radish and cut into thin slices, peel onion and cut into thin rings, wash parsley and chop finely.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- In a bowl mix together mustard, vinegar, oil, egg yolk and heavy cream. Add salt, white pepper and sugar to taste.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix all ingredients together, cut chive in small rolls, sprinkle over salad.
Remember: Salad tastes best if prepared an hour before serving.