Try this delicious quick recipe made with our Homemade Bratwurst perfect for the Holidays or any other special occasion!
- 3 Lbs. Old Heidelberg Deli Homemade Bratwurst
- 3 Green Peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium Onions, sliced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 2 cups crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Dry Sherry
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp. Basil
- 1 tbsp. Oregano
- Place Bratwursts in large skillet or frying pan with olive oil, cook over medium heat until sausage is browned on all sides. Transfer Bratwursts to a plate.
- In the same frying pan sauté onions, green peppers, basil, and oregano until onions are golden brown.
- Add garlic and tomatoes to pan and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add Sherry to pan and cook over high heat until absorbed. Add Bratwursts and cream to pan and mix well.
- Serve with green salad and baguette …….Enjoy!