A quick recipe that is delicious and easy to make, perfect as an appetizer or a main entree.
- 4 Large Onions
- 9 oz. Old Heidelberg Deli Onion Mett
- 20 oz. Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Shredded Gouda
- 16 fl.oz Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Oil
- 1 tsp. Tomato paste
- 3.75 oz. Herb Cream Cheese
- Cut a lid from the onions and chop finely. Hollow out the onions.
- Pour 13 oz. of broth into a large pot with enough water until liquid is about 1 in. high. Add onions and cook covered for about 10 min.
- Peel potatoes, dice and cook for 20 min. in a pot with salted water.
- Remove onions from pot and set aside, in the large pot combine onion broth, vegetable stock, cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pot bring to boil the milk and butter
- Cook onion mett on a skillet with oil add onions, stir tomato paste, broth and simmer until the liquid has evaporated.
- Mash the potatoes, add the milk and season with salt and nutmeg. Fold in the mett and fill the onions with the mett and potato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the filled onions in a casserole dish and bake for 20 min. at 350F.
- Serve and Enjoy!